I’m excited to announce that The King’s Sword is one of the bonus books in an Indie Fantasy Storybundle! This is a great opportunity to get some fantastic books and discover new authors. Blair MacGregor, the curator, wrote up a blog post and I’ll just let her take it away!
THE INDIE FANTASY BUNDLE
Curated by Blair MacGregor
A couple years ago, StoryBundle included my first novel in the Indie Fantasy Bundle. This time, StoryBundle offered me the opportunity to curate a bundle of my own, and I jumped to accept. I couldn’t pass up the chance to share some of my own favorite writers with you.
This Indie Fantasy Bundle includes some names you’ll recognize, and some that might be new. The novels give fantasy readers who love the genre a diverse feast of great reads: epics where the fate of dynasties depend on the strength of a few dedicated men and women, adventure tales that never slow down, gods who intervene on behalf of their chosen servants, cultures in upheaval when its people dare to question ancient boundaries, political intrigues fueled by magic, and characters young and old who face challenges of faith, honor, and survival. It includes a World Fantasy award winner, Gemmell and Spectrum award finalists, Nebula finalists, and Writers of the Future award winners.
The bundle includes Bradley Beaulieu’s epic debut novel The Winds of Khalakovo, where dynasties and personal desires collide in secret chambers below and the wind-filled skies above, and Scott Marlowe’s action-packed The Five Elements, filled with adventure and alchemy and powerful elemental magic. You’ll meet a talented and clever outlaw in Sherwood Smith’s Lhind the Thief, a soldier who must rediscover his own purpose in C.J. Brightley’s The King’s Sword, and an alien race facing challenges and discoveries that could destroy their society in M.C.A. Hogarth’s The Worth of A Shell. Francesca Forrest’s Pen Pal joins a child watched over by the spirits of the ocean with a woman who discovers the awakening power of the earth’s fire. Judith Tarr’s Arrows of the Sun sets an empire a mere century old on the brink of breaking apart. My own dark fantasy Sand of Bone casts one outcast ruler into the wilds to discover the desert’s magic before her kin hunts her down.
StoryBundle lets you choose your own price, so you decide how much you’d like to support the writers. For $3—or more, if you’d like—you’ll receive the basic bundle of four novels in DRM-free ebook format. For the bonus price of at least $12, you’ll receive all eight novels. If you choose, a portion of your payment will go toward supporting different charities such as Girls Write Now and Mighty Writers. Over the years, StoryBundle and its participating writers have donated thousands to support awesome charities doing great work.
The Indie Fantasy Bundle is available for only three weeks. It’s a great opportunity to pick up eight wonderful novels for winter reading, support independent writers who want to take you on an fantastic journey, and discover new writers with great stories along the way. – Blair McGregor
The initial titles in the bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
- The Winds of Khalakovo by Bradley P. Beaulieu
- Pen Pal by Francesca Forrest
- The Five Elements by Scott Marlowe
- Lhind the Thief by Sherwood Smith
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $12, you’ll get another four books:
- Sand of Bone by Blair MacGregor
- The King’s Sword by C.J. Brightley
- Arrows of the Sun by Judith Tarr
- The Worth of a Shell by M.C.A. Hogarth
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $3): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re you’re getting eight total books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.